Warren Road Sustainability – Led by Ms Millband
Warren Road School has been an Eco Ambassador School for nearly 2 years now.
All children and staff work enthusiastically to extend sustainable activities through the ’8 doorways’ as recommended by the National Framework.
Our work is led by a very active Eco Team, each class having at least one Eco representative, although many members bring along their friends to help. We have a yearly action plan and meet once a week to discuss and carry out planned tasks such as:
- Planting, taking care of and harvesting our own fruit and vegetables.
- Providing habitats for animals and plants in our Nature Area and around the school grounds.
- Recycling paper, plastic, batteries, mobile phones, pens and textiles.
- Monitoring our energy and water bills and setting targets to reduce our energy use.
- Planning whole school events such as, World Water Day and Switch off Fortnight.
- Helping to promote sustainable travel – our 2 Junior Travel Ambassadors speak in assemblies and hold competitions.
- Working with local schools to promote a sustainable lifestyle at home and at school.
- Linking up with schools in other countries to share projects and learn about different cultures.