How the Warren Road admission policy works
Admission to Warren Road Primary School is through the London borough of Bromley admissions department. Visit their website for more guidance and their downloads page for various documents you may need.
For children who will be starting school for the first time, more information is available on Bromley’s Primary school admissions site. Applications should be made online during the Autumn term before your child’s start date. There is no Supplementary Information Form required for Warren Road Primary School.
The over-subscription criteria for Warren Road Primary School are the same as those for Bromley Maintained Schools:
- Children in public care – Looked After Children.
- A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions. These children must still be ‘looked after’ when the child starts school unless (b) applies.
- (b) or a child who was previously looked after and immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship order.”
- In exceptional circumstances there is discretion to admit children on the grounds of their or their family’s acute medical or social needs. In this case the application needs to be supported by a letter from a hospital consultant, the special support service, social worker or similar professional.
- Siblings – sibling status only applies if the older child is on roll and attending the school at the beginning of the term the younger one starts. Please note that there is no automatic offer of a sibling place without submitting an application!
- Proximity (straight line). Proximity is measured in a straight line from the front door of the child’s home address to the main entrance to the school building using the Local Authority’s computerised measuring system. Those living closer to the school have higher priority.
Starting in Reception
Once your child has been offered a place in Reception at Warren Road Primary School, you will be invited to an evening meeting where we will explain your child’s induction into school life. For more information, click on the link “New Starters Booklet” to download a booklet.
To apply for a school place other than for reception transfer, i.e. for current Reception to current Year 6, you need to complete the primary in-year application form, which can be downloaded from the Bromley Website, or collected from main reception at Bromley Civic Centre.
Waiting Lists for all year groups are maintained by the Admissions Department of the London Borough of Bromley, and are held in proximity order.
Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs
If your child has a statement of special educational needs, please do not complete any of these forms but contact the Special Educational Needs team on 020 8313 4164 for further information.